Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Selasa, 07 Juni 2011

How to use the coconut to some wonderful desserts-coconut cake and strawberry pie with coconut crust

I should have been born on the tropical island as I love coconut. It is one of my favorite food, although I have a son and a granddaughter, who hate it how I like it. I recently bought a coconut ice-cream, between its components. When the 6letá granddaughter asked for some ice cream, I handed her the bowl. She took one bite, snurled nose and said, "the ice cream has a coconut, isn't it?" she handed the dish back to me. I can't believe that my child will hate me so many coconut genes! All I can say is that he doesn't know what she is missing. Whereas, in that I love so many coconut, I have many recipes that use it. In this article I share one for our award-winning coconut cake, and one for frozen strawberry pie with coconut crust. Yum, yum!

OUR AWARD-WINNING COCONUT CAKE
This is one of the many recipes, I inherited the recipe in the treasure chest of boxes from my mother's estate.

1 3/4 cups cake flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
2 eggs, unbeaten
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup coconut
In addition, the coconut frosting for sprinkling over, if necessary,

The screening together three times: flour, baking powder and salt. Cream shortening of sugar into the light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Then add the flour mixture alternately with milk, beating until smooth. The combination of vanilla and coconut.

Pour batter, two-inch round cake pans, at the bottom of the layers with waxed paper. Bake in moderate oven (375) 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and cold with your favorite frosting and gold top and sides for more coconut, if necessary.

FROZEN STRAWBERRY pie with coconut CRUST
2 1/2 cups lightly coconut
1/3 cup butter
cheese 1 pkg (3-oz), softened
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed (mashed or pureed to 1 1/2 cups)
3 tbsp lemon juice concentrate
1/2 litre of whipping cream, whipped cream
Other fresh strawberries for decoration

In a saucepan, melt the butter 2litrových, remove from heat and stir with toasted coconut. Mix, press on the bottom and sides of the dimensions of the pelvis; Take It Easy.

To a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; beat in sweetened condensed milk. Stir in the pureed or mashed strawberries and lemon. Fold in whipped cream.

Pour into a chilled crust pie. You'll have a little mound. Freeze pie, at least 4 hours or until completely hard. Before serving, garnish with fresh strawberries, in case of need.

Save any leftovers in freezer.

Enjoy it!