Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Senin, 13 Juni 2011

Key Lime Pie-easy to make and Delicious

It all started in the late 1980s. During the vacation in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, I began wondering lime. It seemed that these trees grew wild and were everywhere. Key lime is a rather small fruit. But very tasty. Therefore, that the tourist, he felt the urge to spend money and bring something home. I purchased a small tree, and also a bottle of lime juice.


Travel further to the West coast of Florida, I stopped for dinner and ordered the key lime pie. Never tasted it, I thought that it should try a bit. I was not happy.


When I returned to my Chicago home, I decided to try the key lime pie. On the label, Nellie and Joe Key Lime Juice was easy to follow recipe. I have made 2 simple changes. One, I decided to do a peel, rather than the use of the prepared the bark is recommended. Two, I decided to warm the pie after completion. Because the recipe requires the egg yolks. I'm worried about salmonella. It is not necessary to cook cakes because the acid in the juice of lime stabilization of egg yolks. (Since changed their bottle include cooking step). First, I prepare the crust. Take a stick about 3/4 butter and melt in a pan and remove from heat. Crush about 12 crackers (more or less depending on the thickness of the bark) with roller. Add to the butter and mix the teaspoon sugar, granulated. Use 8 or 9 inch glass pan and line the basin.


If you want to prepare themselves to meet, I put a can of sweetened condensed milk into the mixing bowl, add 3 egg yolks and mix at medium speed until blended. Add 1/2 cup of Key Lime Juice. (Warning-add juice lime earlier. Acid action will be launched, consolidating the eggs from thorough homogenisation) when it is mixed, place immediately to the Pan and heat in the oven at 325 rate of about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. In an hour or so with chilled in the refrigerator and put her then the top flavoured whipped cream. Use super stick (instead of the normal is not non-fat).


Compliments are guaranteed. If someone invited to dinner with friends, it's always a welcome gift. When it is required a prescription, I rely on the bottle label. If you cannot find the Nellie and Joe Key Lime Juice, it can be ordered online.


Ed Schmit left as recently the Executive Director for the Galena area Chamber of Commerce. It's a teacher, a corporate executive, Bed and Breakfast owner, as well as the owner of the number of retail businesses. He was President of the Rotary, exalted ruler of the Elks and active in many civic organizations. His extensive business background is to help owners of new and established businesses.